Senior Cloud Systems Engineer – Azure
Data Intensity is recruiting for an Azure Cloud Systems Engineer to deliver customer initiatives on the Microsoft Azure Platform, working from our London, UK office.
Working for Data Intensity
Data Intensity is the largest independent managed services provider of mission-critical database applications and services in a multi-cloud world. Our purpose-built solutions and services focus on the technologies and platforms that power our customers’ business processes — from front-end strategy and design to implementation and migration to ongoing support and operations — all from a single provider. Customers choose us — and stay with us — because working with Data Intensity allows them to focus on their critical business needs while we focus on their applications and multi-cloud investments to drive greater system availability, performance, flexibility, and scalability. The company was founded in 2001. It is headquartered in Bedford, MA, with additional offices throughout the US, UK, India, and Australia.
As a Cloud Systems Engineer, you collaborate with Solutions Architects to deliver complex Azure infrastructure in accordance with detailed architectural designs. You will work with Application and Database Principal Consultants to migrate customer enterprise application workloads to Azure.
- Implementing and delivering a wide variety of Microsoft Azure projects according to Data Intensity solutions architectural designs
- Building and deploying Azure Landing Zones
- Building and configuring Azure Virtual Networks
- Configuring and supporting VPN’s, including hybrid network configurations
- Deploying and maintaining Azure BluePrints
- Deploying, migrating, and administering Microsoft Identity and Access Management products
- Deploying and configuring Windows and Linux VMs
- Deploying, configuring, and optimizing Azure storage
- Managing workload migrations from on-premises and other cloud platforms to Azure
- Participating in performance troubleshooting
- Identifying architecture design alternatives to deliver optimization and reduce solution TCO
- Deploying and configuring monitoring
- Designing and deploying backup strategies in line with customer requirements
- Facilitating application modernization and adoption of cloud-native services
- Participating in customer meetings
Required Experience and Skills
The ideal candidate will have experience in customer-facing roles and success leading deep technical architecture discussions with senior customer executives, Enterprise Architects, IT Management, and Developers.
- Detailed knowledge of a range of services from the Microsoft Azure Cloud Platform, particularly in relation to infrastructure and security-related services such as Azure AD, IaaS, Containers, Storage, Networking, and Azure Security
- Knowledge of Linux and Windows operating systems and virtual machines
- Strong awareness of networking and internet protocols, including TCP/IP, DNS, SMTP, HTTP, and distributed networks
- Understanding of Microsoft Identity and Access Management products such as Azure AD, ADFS, Azure AD Connect, Conditional Access, Azure AD Proxy, SAML, and Active Directory Domain Services
- Experience in the delivery of enterprise-level highly available solutions and infrastructure with recent focus on Microsoft Cloud platform
- Experience deploying Microsoft Azure Landing Zones
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for communicating with customers, technically and procedurally
- Detailed knowledge of cloud security best practices
- Experience in deploying and managing multiple large environments
- Excellent documentation experience and skills
- Detailed knowledge of all components of a technical architecture
- Strong understanding of network architecture
- Detailed knowledge of cloud architectural guiding principles
- Customer-first mindset
Education and Other Qualifications
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science or closely related subject
- At least one Microsoft Azure certification
- Experience in managing large and complex IT infrastructure in large organizations
This role may require access to customer environments as a means of providing the necessary support to resolve an issue or inquiries into performance-related issues, or for periodic maintenance and management of the systems. In some instances, these environments may contain personally identifiable information (PII) (e.g. HIPAA-related personal health information — PHI) and payment card information (PCI). Personnel are expected to adhere to the highest standards of ethics and professionalism in protecting PII.