Oracle Financials Functional/Technical Consultant
Reporting directly to the AMS Production Support Manager this role will collaborate with company customers, staff members, IT Colleagues and other stakeholders to define customer requirements and system interfaces, assess available technologies, and develop, implement and maintain solutions. You will be expected to coordinate support activities to drive towards long term, stable business process supported by applications.
Candidate will have a solid technical understanding of IT and technology in general with a desire to work in a service orientated support function. Oracle Modules will include, but are not limited to all O2C, P2P, SCM, R2R modules.
- Provide technical and functional support of both Oracle Cloud ERP Applications and Oracle E-Business Suite modules, interfaces, and other related applications to ensure systems are technically and functionally sound and available
- Prepare and maintain documentation to ensure that applications can be maintained and recovered. These include System Training Manuals, Description/Configurations User/Technical manuals, SOP’s, Scripts, Testing, Policies and Procedure Documents
- Create and execute test scenarios in various test environments in support of Production Issue Resolution
- Work effectively with offshore support team to uphold high standards for timely issue resolution and perform within SLA guidelines
- Look for areas of improvement in monitoring, application stability, and root cause determination
- Proactively monitor all core business applications, including related system event, logs and alerts and ensure proper action in case of issues or failure
- Share and distribute knowledge with other team members and throughout the company
- Create productive relationships by working closely with stakeholders, technical staff, liaise with vendors, colleagues, and contacts from other teams to ensure timely and efficient resolution of incidents and problems
- 8+ years of experience related to Oracle technologies including Oracle R12 EBS and ERP Cloud Financials in an IT support role
- 3-5 years’ experience working in an application support role with ITIL
- Oracle ERP Cloud experience in at least one or more of these modules: General Ledger, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Asset Management and Cash Management
- Experience in Incident Management, Problem Management, and change Management process; Resolve Incidents or issues discovered through tickets and Monitoring
- Experience working with various support teams across the organization for triaging and resolution of reported issues
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills to diagnose & resolve incidents and problems
- Ability to estimate and manage enhancement and support work for minor changes to Oracle Cloud ERP
- Experience working with Oracle Vendor Support for SR logging and resolution of Vendor related issues
- Good understanding of SDLC methodology and principles
- Ability to take ownership of an issue and the dedication to see it through to completion
- Knowledge of roles, permissions, reports, and dashboards within the Oracle ERP Application
- Ability to set priorities and manage multiple issues at any given time
- Experience implementing Oracle Cloud ERP modules
- Experience with Unix is a plus (e.g. handling files, searching logs, checking processes)
- Experience with SQL querying (Oracle)
- Experience with Selenium/Oats Tool
- Experience with OIC Integrations
- High level EPM knowledge in relation to Fusion integrations
- Bachelor’s degree or relevant career experience
- Other Key Abilities:
- Ability to trouble shoot and solve problems
- Ability to resolve issues under pressure
- Ability to effectively communicate to all levels
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Post-production support for resolution of day to day client issues
- Self-starter able to liaise with stakeholders to establish requirements. Ability to self-learn and acquire skills and techniques as required
- Strong drive to document work, share knowledge and collaborate in a team
- Flexible, adaptive with an ability to stay focused and a can-do attitude
Work Environment and Physical Requirements
- This position consists predominantly of sedentary work, including activities such as computer activity and in person or phone conversations/meetings.
- Responsibilities require keyboarding activity and/or manual manipulation of a computer mouse with either hand. This includes repetitive motion with wrists, hands and/or fingers. The position involves extensive viewing of a computer monitor. It is also necessary to possess the ability to speak and hear (with reasonable accommodation) to exchange detailed information both face-to-face and via phone with/to customers, vendors, employees, and others.
Data Intensity is a global company, and this function has global responsibility with support staff in many different countries, but travel is not expected.
Confidentiality and Background Checks
This role may require access to customer environments as a means of providing the necessary support to resolve an issue or inquiries into performance-related issues, or for periodic maintenance and management of the systems.
In some instances, these environments may contain Personally Identifiable Information (PII) (e.g., such as HIPAA-related Personal Health Information – PHI) and Payment Card Information (PCI). Personnel are expected to adhere to the highest standards of ethics and professionalism in protecting PII. As a result, background checks and drug screening may be required and could be periodically performed based upon specific customer requirements.